SaptIntroductionadhara’ provides a cultural platform to students of higher education, where they feel the bliss of creativity.
The institute is always eager to promote more creativity and imagination in students. In the present scenario it is very important to infuse and instill within the youth the spirit of global competition and to encourage them to display and express their talents to meet challenges of the newer changing order of the world. So college has implemented Sapt Dhara Initiative activities in different spheres so that the student can explore their hidden capabilities and potentialities.
Aims and Objectives
Today’s world is a world of knowledge and information. because of the advent of science and technology, knowledge is being transferred to an amazing speed among the countries o the world. Now we can use the word Vasudhaiv kutumbakam for the today’s world which has become a global village. Exploration of new ideas, thoughts and philosophies has become a trend of the modern mind. When India is in the role of a world leader it is very much required that all the Indian citizens equipped themselves with modern apparatus of learning and thinking. Indian citizens must be aware of their antiquity, cultural heritage and traditions. The vision of the Saptdhara is to awaken the rich cultural heritage of India in the students and reverence for Indian values.
In Gujarat, Government initiated a process to develop and cultivate this vision in the students of colleges and Government started Swarnim Gujarat Mission for Excellence as a part of celebration of 50th year of its establishment. The Government of Gujarat launched Swarnim Gujarat Mission for Excellence to commemorate this unique milestone. By 2010, the State proposes to induce renewed spirit and to introduce newer action plans encompassing all walks of life for the betterment of the society.
Under the auspices of Mission for Excellence, Our College has a focus on focus various areas of education, art and knowledge for the manifold progress of the youth.
These areas of focus are known as Band / Cluster / Spectrum / Continuum / Symphony of Activities. Sapt-Dhara initiative is a broad concept launched by Knowledge Consortium of Gujarat, Government of Gujarat. Sapt-Dhara is a concept which includes seven broad initiatives (Dhara) namely;
7 Band (7 Dharas)
1. Knowledge Band (Gyan Dhara)The aim of this band is to inculcate various knowledge skills in students by the use of various knowledge-based activities during the year. College regularly celebrates Swami Vivekananda Jayanti on 12th January as Yuva Diwas or Gyan Jayanti. College organizes elocution competition, quiz, expert lectures, debate, essay competitions, symposia on various current issues. Participants and winners are encouraged with felicitation by the college in the Annual Farewell Ceremony of the college. College encourages students to share and express their ideas, thoughts and their independent thinking on relevant issues which will help to develop their personality and thinking process.
2. Creative Expression Band (Sarjanatmak Abhivyakti Creative Expression Dhara)Under this cluster, college organizes elocution competition, debate, creative writing, and translation workshop among the students. These kinds of activities are very essential to nurture basic thinking ability and their quest for truth. Debate and and elocution competition help to improve their self-confidence, leadership and clarity of thoughts. The search for truth yields qualities of patience, courage and strength.
3. Fine Arts Band (Rang, Kala, Kaushalya Dhara)The activities under this band or cluster aim at inspiring students to explore their faculty of imagination in the pursuit of absolute beauty through colours and shapes. The activities of this band will develop imagination and creativity among students and will explore the vast horizons of cosmos, nature and aspects of soul. The creation will be the revelation of their inner self and conscience. Under this cluster, college organizes drawing competitions, sculpture, clay-modeling, etc. The activities also aim to make the students aware about the employability and self-sufficiency of their respective creative ability.
4. Theatre Band (Natya Dhara)
Theatre Band or Natya Dhara activities helps the students to learn theatrical intracies, process and technicalities. As a form of art, theatre activites enables the students to know the path of knowledge of inner-consciousness. Under this cluster, college oraganizes drama competitions, mime, one or two-act plays, visit of theatre groups or film actors. Student learns self-expression and acceptance of various emotion/bhavas.
5. Music and Dance Band (Geet-Sangeet-Nrutya Dhara)
Music and dance are the part of Indian culture and tradition. This cluster develops sense of music, dance and poetry among students. Activities like poetry recitation, music competitions, Talent Hunt Programmes, dance competitions, Garaba and classical dance competitions were organized by the college students. The main objective of this cluster is that of making students understand the innate and deeper meaning of music and enabling them to enjoy the spirit and sense of music from the depth of heart.
6. Yoga and Sports Band (Vyayam-Yog-Khel-kud Dhara)Music and dance are the part of Indian culture and tradition. This cluster develops sense of music, dance and poetry among students. Activities like poetry recitation, music competitions, Talent Hunt Programmes, dance competitions, Garaba and classical dance competitions were organized by the college students. The main objective of this cluster is that of making students understand the innate and deeper meaning of music and enabling them to enjoy the spirit and sense of music from the depth of heart.
7. Community/Social Service Band (Samudaya Seva Dhara)Indian is a country made up of villages and so majority of its people are living in villages. It is very much necessary for the students to know the problems, issues and realities of villages of surrounding areas. It is the moral responsibility of the college to make them aware about the realities of villages and contribute in the development of villages. Our aim is to maximize students’ participation in activities under this cluster. College N.S.S. Unit and N.C.C. Unit organizes community ad social services activities at large scale in every academic year. Following activities/efforts are taken up:
|Dhara’s Name||Convener Name||Email ID||Mob. no.|
|1.||Gyan Dhara||Dr. Mahesh Janifirstname.lastname@example.org||9427362260|
|2.||Sarjnatmak Abhivyakti Dhara||Dr. Prabha Serthiyaemail@example.com||9054983191|
|3.||Rang-Kala-Kaushaly Dhara||Dr. Bhumika Mistryfirstname.lastname@example.org||7600030919|
|4.||Natya Dhara||Dr. Priti Patelemail@example.com||9099925669|
|5.||Geet-Sangit-Nrutya Dhara||Dr. Divya Patelfirstname.lastname@example.org||9979610956|
|6.||Khel-Kud-Vyaayam ane Yog Dhara||Pro. Divyesh Patelemail@example.com||9898175396|
|Dr. Jashvant Rathvafirstname.lastname@example.org||9925733737|
|7.||Samudaik Seva Dhara||Dr. Navin Prajapatiemail@example.com||9428960912|
|Dr. Dashrath Patelfirstname.lastname@example.org||9427059831|
Developed By Sun Technology