Admission Process of the College
Function of the Admission Committee:
(1) To distribute and collect the admission forms.
(2) To guide the students in selecting faculty and subjects according to their aptitude and the record of the result.
(3) To help the office administration in preparing the merit lists.
(4) To help the students who want to change their choice of subjects after admission within a stipulated time limit.
Rules and Regulations of the Committee:
1. The convener will function as the head of the committee.
2. The other member will work as per the instructions issued by the convener.
3. The committee members have to remain present at the time and date of admission process.
4. The committee will prepare the final report of the activities along with the necessary documents.
5. The convener is empowered to take final decision regarding activities of the committee with Principal’s consultation.
6. The committee will arrange minimum five programmes during an academic year.
The students are selected for admission through their academic records and interviews. After collecting admission application forms, the merit lists are prepared. The merit lists are displayed on the notice board and students are asked to pay their fees within a stipulated time period. The reserve quota admission and their lists are simultaneously announced. We strictly observe the rules of admission regarding the quotas of SC,ST,OBC and handicapped candidates in the institution.
The admission process of our institute is totally transparent and no injustice is done to the deserving and qualified candidates. The admission process is conducted as per the rules and regulations of the H.N.G.Universtiy Patan.
The college has formed an admission committee. The principal is the convener of the committee and three senior staff members are involved in the admission process. The selection of eligible students is done on the basis of merit cum reservation. The committee scrutinizes the application for admission with respect to fulfillment of the eligibility criteria prescribed for admission by H. N. G.University. The marks obtained in Higher Secondary Examinations forms thebasis for admissions at degree level. We strictly observer the rules of admission regarding the quotas of SC, ST, OBC and handicapped candidate in the institution.
For admissions to P.G. courses, applications are invited from all the aspiring candidates. Then the admissions are given by the Professor-in-charge of the respective subject on the basis of their academic merit. The rules laid down by H.N.G.University and government norms of reservation are observed. The merit list of the students is displayed on the notice board of the college, and the students are given three days to pay the fees. If they fail to do so, then the second merit list is prepared and the students are asked to pay fees in the stipulated time. Thus the whole admission process is transparent and student friendly.
Our college is situated in semi-urban area, hence majority of students of our area have a few options, and hence the institute tries to accommodate most of the students applying for admission. There is a great demand for admission in B.A. (English) course. The college has maintained a cut- off mark policy of minimum 40 marks in English subject in 12th examination.
Developed By Sun Technology